Searching in a Storm

A couple years ago, I was learning a piece on the piano by Liszt, and it inspired me to write this poem. This piece sounded so stormy to me, but it had another quality - a "searching" quality. So I entitled my poem: "Searching in a Storm."
This last spring I took this picture before a storm hit. There was a tornado warning (what's new ;), but I went outside because the sky looked so pretty. I took this picture with my iPhone :)

Searching in a Storm

Oh look and see the path ahead,
Winding far from me.
Oh where it goes the Lord alone
Knowingly can see.

But darkness gathers overhead,
Lightning strikes the sky.
A crack of thunder starts the storm,
Crying out on high.

The rain escapes from angry clouds.
Rushing wind controls.
The atmosphere so dark and dim
Penetrates our souls.

I cannot see the pathway, but
Blindingly go on.
Until “Crash, Boom!” the storm is o’er.
Suddenly it’s gone.

Lydia Morie

I was happy to get this poem published in the June, 2016 issue of Nature Friend Magazine. If you would like to watch the piece that inspired this poem, click here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiP6Lbr2ebUAhUo_IMKHTOZDs0QtwIINDAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnvvPX1QihUc&usg=AFQjCNFzEzOETRTKxIRWbEyowsHouKajCw



Comments

  1. What a beautiful poem, and so true, Lydia! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a gifted poet! Continue to use it for God's glory! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Attendant Training!

Medicine Park Trip!

Moldova in May!

Vice President Pence Rally

2020 in Retrospect

Since School Started