-The Art of Making Bread-


Whole Wheat Honey Bread ~ fresh from the oven!

"For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land...a land of wheat and barley...a land of olive oil and honey..a land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness. Then shalt thou bless the Lord thy God." Deuteronomy 8:7-10

Whole Wheat Bread. It's delicious, healthy, and worthwhile to make. It's not exactly easy, but if you have the right equipment, ingredients, and a little time, you can do it. It takes about 3 hours to make 10 loaves.

I first learned how to make bread when I was just ten years old. I have made dozens of batches since then (and, yes, there were those two times when I forgot the salt :o !!!). The wholesome ingredients of this recipe make soft, delicious slices of bread that you will consume quickly. (Believe me!)


The bosch mixer does a lot of the work for me! A mixer like this is essential for bread-making (in my opinion).

First ingredients: olive oil, honey, hot water, and yeast - mixed together.

While the yeast is rising, I grind the wheat.

Hard white wheat, and hard red wheat.
If you want a softer dough, you can substitute a little bit of soft white wheat.

The ultramill is grinding the wheat!

It's loud, folks :)

It finished grinding. The wheat is now soft, warm flour.
The warmness of the newly-ground flour makes the yeast rise more easily.


15 mins. after combining, the yeast looks like this. It has risen quite a bit, and is now ready for the flour.

Add the salt (note: DO NOT FORGET THE SALT!!), and then the flour - a little bit at a time.

Mixing in some more flour.

All mixed together now. I let the Bosch knead the dough for a minute or two.

I put a little olive oil on my Crofton mat. You can do this on the counter without the mat too.

I put the bread on the counter.

Than I knead it for a couple minutes.

I cover it with a towel to keep it warm, and then let it rise.
15-20 minutes later, it is ready to be divided.

I divide it into five equally sized pieces.

I spray the bread pans with non-stick spray.

I knead the loaves, one at a time and put them in the pans.

I put them on the stove and cover them with a towel.
The oven's heat helps the loaves rise.

rising...

...and rising. Twenty minutes later, they are ready to be baked.

I put them on a middle rack in the oven at 350 degrees.

20 minutes later, I switch the pans around (compare with above picture), so they will bake evenly .


10-12 more minutes, and they are done baking.
At this point, your house smells REALLY good :)!


I take them out of the oven...

...and immediately remove them from the pans.
I love fresh-from-the-oven slices of bread covered with butter and honey!


I put them in bags, and immediately stick them in the freezer, (I leave one loaf out).
Since I put them in bags, and freeze them so quickly, they retain their moisture, which keeps them moist and soft!


Sometimes I'll divide one of the loaves, and make two pizza crusts.



Homemade bread, homegrown tomatoes, and homegrown goat milk :) makes for a delicious and healthy meal!! And to know that you made the bread, planted and picked the tomatoes, and milked the goats, gives you a satisfied feeling.


If you would like this bread recipe, email me at moriefamily@gmail.com. You can do this by going to the "Contact" page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flight Attendant Training!

Medicine Park Trip!

Moldova in May!

Vice President Pence Rally

2020 in Retrospect

Since School Started